Windows 2000 patch for passwords

Barbara Osbon barb at orion-sim.com
Mon May 1 18:49:17 GMT 2000

Hello, I'm a new subscriber and hope I don't break any rules.

We have just bought some new PC's pre-installed with Windows 2000.  On
our previous installations (NT and 95/98) we applied the
EnablePlainTextPassword registry patch to allow our PCs to communicate
with our Unix server and other systems - no problem.  Is there a similar
patch for Windows 2000?  We can't communicate, and I assumed that the
same patch would work (the NT version anyway).  But the same key doesn't
exist in my Windows 2000 registry.

Any help?
Barb