SAMBA digest 2509

Donovan R. Palmer palmerd at mercyships.org
Mon May 1 18:17:15 GMT 2000

Michel,

I struggled with this same problem with VisionFS (A SCO Unix commercial
equivalent to Samba) for aaaaaages.  I'm no Unix expert or Samba for that
matter, but below is what tech support finally told us to do which, fixed
the problem.

I'm attaching the instructions in hopes that it'll give you some clues as to
what you might be able to do with the problem.  As tech support was never
clear why this fixed the problem, I'm not sure that it will be helpful.

I'm now working on a server which runs Samba. :-)

Donovan

2. Create a new printer queue on the Unix host that uses a dumb
content_type:

i. Create the new queue using:

	/usr/lib/lpadmin -p my_printer -v /dev/null -T dumb

the printer will be shared automatically by VisionFS

ii. You may want to add this new printer as a Windows printer using the
appropriate driver for the printer hardware