Samba 2.0.7 & HP-UX Installation problem

eric.lou eric.lou at infonie.fr
Wed Jul 19 07:26:39 GMT 2000

hello Peter,

i ran "configure" as root, and i worked on a non-NFS partition (vxfs).
However that didn't succeed...
Nevertheless, i would say that i've  worked without NFS installation since the
beginning, and it may be precisely the problem, because deamons "lockd" &
"statd" (processes NFS) are still running. Thus it seems to be logical if
locking (which tries to use "lockd" without NFS) isn't available.
But in fact, i don't really know where the bug is.
I have resolved my problem, with a binary HP-UX/samba2-0-7 installation.
Thank you anyway ;-)

Eric