Problems with 2.0.7

Angus Jordan ajordan at rapidnet.net
Thu Jul 13 02:41:57 GMT 2000

Hi there,

	I am running FreeBSD v4.0 Stable and I have Samba 2.0.7 running on it.  I
have SWAT running, and have used it to configure my Samba box.  Now, I can
access my smb in Win2k by going to start - run and typing in \\192.168.0.5
, but I have nmbd running and I told it to use DRAFT as the netbios
name...but, when I try to access it through My Network Places, it shows up
but when I doubleclick on it, it says "\\Draft is not accessible.  The
network path was not found."  I also have a Win98 machine running on the
same network, and I cannot access my smb box with the same error.

	Also, I was wondering if I could use my smb box (if and when I get it
working) to be a domain logon server for Win98 and Win2k???  I know that
you are still working on support for this, but I was wondering if there was
some way of doing this at least for Win98.  Just curious.

	Anyway, thank you in advance for your help.

ciao

Angus.