Hiding samba server from browselist

Uwe Sawallisch usw at mail.ub.TU-Berlin.DE
Thu Jul 13 09:28:31 GMT 2000

Hello,

is there a way to keep my (fine running, yes!!) samba machines
out of our browse list? I know you people have been working hard
to get it going, but our policy is that NO machine should be seen
just by clicking into "Netzwerkumgebung" as German NT calls it...

NT has a registry key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\
 Services\LanmanServer\Parameters\hidden=1 for this purpose...

Our local support group had no idea, I did not find anything on the
web... I would really like to hear from you, thank you!

Greetings from Berlin, Germany:
--
Uwe Sawallisch                                |                TU Berlin
Fon: +49 30 314-23517 * Fax: +49 30 314-23492 |          UB, EDV-Referat