smbmount on NT machine times-out

Dan Falconer danf at avsupport.com
Mon Jul 10 19:20:39 GMT 2000

	I've got seven Linux boxes, and three NT boxes, all that have to be mounted via smbmount for a backup that we run through one of the Linux machines ("SPEEDY") via BRU.  While Speedy has no problem keeping the mounts for all the Linux machines, the mounts for NT machines will timeout after a short period.  I run a "df" and get an Input/Output error on all the NT machines.  I have to unmount and remount them several times, until the backup gets to that machine.  Does anybody know of any way to either tell the NT machines or the Linux machine that it's mounted on to keep the share open?  Thanks in advance.

Best Regards,

Dan
AvSupport, Inc.