Novell

Daniell Freed dxf at dewittross.com
Mon Jul 10 18:39:05 GMT 2000

I understand, the Sun Box is intended Samba
server.  I was suggesting that you run that
smbclient command on the server machine itself to
verify (without worrying about any connectivity
issues) that Samba was running correctly on it.
Doing this will show you what shares you have
setup on the box.  That way you can start to rule
out the Samba configuration as the problem.  You
may want to post your smb.conf file as well,
assuming nothing else works to see if there is
anything funny about it.

Dan