"The credentials supplied conflict with " ..message

Andrew Boswell A.Boswell at uea.ac.uk
Tue Jan 11 16:01:08 GMT 2000

We have just upgraded from Samba 1.9.18p7 to 2.0.6.

We are now encountering this problem with 2.0.6 which was discussed
back in 1998.  We never had the problem with 1.9.18p7.  We haven't
changed the smb.conf as we are just using Samba in basic fileserver
mode.  Is there a change we need to make to get rid of this message and
restriction occuring?

Andrew

1998 Discusion:

>I have a different Unix userid for each project I'm working on, so I need to
>provide a different userid/password combination for each drive I map to my NT
>4.0 SP3 system. But, whenever I try to supply a different userid in the
>"Connect As" box and hit "OK", I get the message:
>
> The credentials supplied conflict with an existing set of credentials
<snip>

The NT network redirector can't handle it. What you can do is
either to place different entries in you local lmhosts file ( on
the NT box ) and use those.

Here's the general idea

        net use \\server\share1 /user:1

        net use \\aaa.bbb.ccc.ddd\share2 /user:user2

where aaa.bbb.ccc.ddd is the IP address of "server"

Hope this helps,
j-
                            Gerald ( Jerry ) Carter

Dr Andrew Boswell		email : A.Boswell at uea.ac.uk
School Liaison Consultant       phone : +44-1603-593856
IT and Computing Services 	fax   : +44-1603-593467
University of East Anglia
Norwich, NR4 7TJ, UK