cups, samba and print queue....

tbsky_lee at unicap.com.tw tbsky_lee at unicap.com.tw
Tue Jan 11 02:14:35 GMT 2000

> Hello!
>   we are using cups 1.0.4 and samba 2.0.6 here.
>   windows client can print correctly, but they can not see
>   queue status.
>   the print manager of windows  allways shows blank.
>   how to solve this problem?
>   Any body got success to let windows client see the
>   queue of the server ??
>   thanks for help ....
>
>    Best Regards,
>    Tbsky
>

> I have no problems in displaying the print queue, apart from
> the fact, that it displays Samba job IDs
> (computer_name.job_number). There is nothing unusual in
> smb.conf.  Here are relevant parts:
<skip>

do u use cups as ur printing system also ?
the configuration seems bsd style... i use "printing=cups"
at smb.conf....

cups is really good, but i really have queue problems
with samba.... if i can not fix it, i must turn back
to use bsd style printing systems :(

i have five network printers connect to samba (no local printers)
jetdirect X 2
epson n1200c with nic
printer server nic X 2

Best Regards,