Is reboot the only answer?

Subba Rao subb3 at attglobal.net
Thu Jan 6 23:37:01 GMT 2000

On  0, Herb Lewis <herb at chomps.engr.sgi.com> wrote:
> Subba Rao wrote:
> >
> > I have created the [homes] shares and can login to any user's
> > home directory. This access is done via an NT box. The only userid
> > on NT is Administrator. If I want to switch to another linux users
> > home directory( or share), I have to reboot the system. I cannot log out
> > the user once s/he is logged on. Is reboot the only answer to access
> > a different user's share on linux?
> >

> I use the explorer map network drive dialog. Type in the name of the
> share (or use \\servername\homes) and enter the username in the
> connect as box.

Thanks for replying. Can you show me your [homes] share?
My homes share looks as follow:

[global]
        security = domain

[homes]
        comment = Home Directories
        path = %H
        valid users = %S
        read only = no
        browseable = no
        create mode = 0600
        directory mode = 0700
        public = no
        writable = yes
        mangled names = no

I have changed the 'security' to 'domain' (which was 'user'). That did
not help.

Subba Rao
subb3 at attglobal.net
http://pws.prserv.net/truemax/

 => Time is relative. Here is a new way to look at time. <=
http://www.smcinnovations.com