Is reboot the only answer?

Herb Lewis herb at chomps.engr.sgi.com
Thu Jan 6 23:15:06 GMT 2000

Subba Rao wrote:

> I have created the [homes] shares and can login to any user's
> home directory. This access is done via an NT box. The only userid
> on NT is Administrator. If I want to switch to another linux users
> home directory( or share), I have to reboot the system. I cannot log out
> the user once s/he is logged on. Is reboot the only answer to access
> a different user's share on linux?

I use the explorer map network drive dialog. Type in the name of the
share (or use \\servername\homes) and enter the username in the
connect as box.
Herb Lewis                                   Silicon Graphics
Networking Engineer                          2011 N Shoreline Blvd
Strategic Software Organization              Mountain View, CA  94043
herb at sgi.com                                 Tel: 650-933-2177
http://www.sgi.com                           Fax: 650-932-2177