Samba and Win98

Christian Zander phoenix at minion.de
Tue Dec 19 07:07:58 GMT 2000

On Mon, Dec 18, 2000 at 05:36:48PM -0600, archimage at linux-magic.com wrote:
> Nope.  Windows 9x/Me has no concept of users.  You connect as the
> username you used when you sat down and entered a user/pass pair.

Ah, I was unaware of that - could this be the reason why windows
always attempts to connect to samba as 'nobody' when I try to change
a user password from the client?

I need to setup a system that allows me to change the passwords from
the client. From what I have read so far, this should work with
encrypted passwords enabled, but I didn't manage to make the clients
attempt to change the password for the users they logged on to  the
nt domain with...

Is there some trick involved or some special client side software
needed?

christian zander              we come to bury dos, not to praise it.
phoenix at minion.de             -- paul vojta