errors on compile

Klein, Christopher CKlein at s-3.com
Fri Dec 8 17:34:32 GMT 2000

Hi there, I am trying to install samba on an ftp server running freebsd 4.1
I am getting the following warning repeated many times on the initial make
(I did run the configure step first, and I consulted the appropriate readme
documents)

Warning: mktemp() possibly used unsafely;  consider using mkstemp

As the security on microsoft products are suspect at best, I do not want to
add to the insecurity of the network by adding insecure binaries on the unix
platform if it can be avoided.  Is there some kind of switch or other
modification that will allow the compile to use mkstemp() and not generate
this message.  any other suggestions

Thanks

Christopher Klein
Social and Scientific Systems