btrieve applications

David Collier-Brown David.Collier-Brown at canada.sun.com
Tue Aug 29 12:25:33 GMT 2000

Jan asked:
| [...]I get btrieve errors and whole files are reported as
unreadable.
| I'm not sure about this being the issue, but in both cases the
| customers insisted on having _ONE_ user name to use for all users
| on the network.

	Jackpot

	If two persons are using btrieve under the
	same userid, btrieve will not be able to
	distinguish between them, and their operations
	will not be serialized correctly, leading
	to database corruption. (Some other databases
	distinguish on a per-connection basis, thus avoiding
	this particular botch).

	The customer needs to choose between using one user-name
	and using btrieve.

--dave (I reccomend any of the real databases be used instead) c-b
Work: (905) 415-2849 Home: (416) 223-8968 Email: davecb at canada.sun.com