Making a share visible only to members of a group

David Collier-Brown David.Collier-Brown at canada.sun.com
Tue Aug 29 12:30:30 GMT 2000

Onno wrote:
| I want a shared directory to be visible only to the members of a
| group, and to no one else. Instead, a shared directory is either
| visible to everyone (browseable=yes) or to no-one (browseable=no).
| When a non-authorised user enters the shared directory, she gets
| an error message. That's good. But since the user cannot use the
| share anyway, I want her not to see the share in the list.

	You'll have to speak to Microsoft about changing thge
	protocol to do that (;-))

	Seriously, though, you can group the shares you want
	visible by server, and tell all the people in sales,
	for example, to use the SALES server.
	[See http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/samba/chapter/book/ch04_07.html
	for an example of how to do this from a single copy of Samba]

--dave
Work: (905) 415-2849 Home: (416) 223-8968 Email: davecb at canada.sun.com