[newbie]: Samba as a server for Win98 PCs

mendes mendes at mgconecta.com.br
Sun Apr 2 23:39:48 GMT 2000

Hello         I do apologize for sending a newbie question but I need to know for
sure if what I am planning is worth spending the time.
 I have 12 Win98 PCs with public IPs connected to the Internet. I want:
1) Turn one of the PCs to a linux box with samba.
2) That the linux PC provides login access to the other PCs.  (I want to
eliminate the possibility of the users log  in a Win98 PC and wreck the
file-system and software).
3) That the linux PC controls all hard disks (12) and allocates quotas for each
users.
4) That the linux PC have a share with all software (Windows 98 software)
needed in the network.
5) That Samba is only seen by the 12 PCs and close for the rest the world.
6) That Linux-samba grants or not access to the Internet.

Could someone tell me if the above is possible and how to do it?   Specific
documentation and how to setup samba-linux-windows98 would be great.

 Thanks a lot for your patience and help.

Regards

Eduardo