Alpha NT ntpass problem

Ronane Blackwell ronane at mtsu.edu
Wed Sep 29 01:57:15 GMT 1999

I have installed samba 2.05a on HPUX 11.0.  I am trying to change the
password on an Alpha NT box.  I can do the smbclient -L just fine and see
the shares.  Whenever I do the rpcclient to change the password I get the
following (excerpt from debug 10).  Without debug turned on I just get the
two error lines.  Does anybody have a clue what this error is?  I really
need to update my NT passwords from the unix box and I don't want to run NIS
in my environment.  I am not running smbd or nmbd as I only want to be a
client... just change the passwords.

000018 samr_io_r_unknown_38
    0018 unk_0: 0000
    001c unk_1: 0000