Synchronising NT and Unix Passwords

rel at tubedale.co.uk rel at tubedale.co.uk
Tue Sep 28 13:17:32 GMT 1999

Hi,

I've been handed the administration of our Solaris 2.5.1 Server and have recently upgraded to Samba 2.0.5a.

As the server is in a predominantly NTsp3 environment it was requested that when the NT passwords change (each month) the Unix Passwords should also change. All the NT and Win95 Clients are currently authenticating using Plain Text Passwords.

Also the current security level is USER although I have tried to set this to use the NT PDC with password 'server = Emperor' and 'security = server' but this prevented any connections to the Unix box.

I have enabled the Unix password sync option in smb.conf and modified the password chat etc., but have still been unable to get the NT and Unix passwords to sync.

If anybody can help me in the right direction it would be much appreciated.

Thanks in Advance

Roy Long					Tel: 	0151-282-9618
Network Administration				Fax:	0151-474-9601
Tubedale Communications Ltd 			Email:	rel at tubedale.co.uk

		Web Site : http://www.tubedale.co.uk