ERROR: No locking available. (on Slackware 2.0.30)

Matthew Joyce Matthew.Joyce at intels.co.uk
Thu Sep 23 15:14:56 GMT 1999

Hi,

I'm a first time Samba installer and have been given the following
message
when I try and run configure.

ERROR:  No locking available.  Running Samba would be unsafe
configure:  error:  summary failure.  Aborting config

I have searched the mail archive and other users have had the same
problem.  I have been unable to find a fix that works.  Any ideas?

Thanks,

Matthew Joyce
IT Support Officer
Intels Logistics Management Ltd.

To whom it may concern:

for the individual named. If you are not the named addressee you
should not disseminate, distribute or copy this e-mail. Please be so
kind to notify the sender immediately by e-mail if you have received
this e-mail by mistake and kindly delete it from your system.

arrive late or incomplete, or contain viruses. The sender therefore
of this message which arise as a result of e-mail transmission.