page of graphics won't completely print

Jason Thomson jason.thomson at mintel.co.uk
Thu Sep 16 11:16:53 GMT 1999

Hi Eli,

We had similar problems and added two things to our printcap file

mx#0:if=/usr/local/libexec/ifnone

The first thing says don't limit the size of spool files.
The second specifies a filter to be used.

This is our filter /usr/local/libexec/ifnone.

#!/bin/sh
/bin/cat && exit 0
exit 2

I believe if you don't specify a filter,  then lpr will do some kind of
filtering itself by default I believe.  (Don't really know though).  Or
it may be something to do with lpr objecting to binary files being
printed.

In any case,  it worked for us (FreeBSD 2.2.6).

Cheers,

Jas.