oplock_break problem

Robert M. Shepard bob at rmshep.mt.net
Tue Sep 14 02:54:15 GMT 1999

I don't know if this is reproducible enough, but I can get it like this.

get the pegasus mail package (latest version 3.xx)

install the software to run off of a networked drive.

when launching the software, there are *often* but not always long delays
in loading the binary wp-32.exe (or something)  with messages about oplock
breaks etc.

At least, I think this is the same problem.

I finally moved the binary to the C: on the win98 machine and left the
email files on the mapped drive on samba.  this works fine.

bob shepard