oplock_break problem

Matt Chapman matty at cifs.org
Tue Sep 14 08:12:21 GMT 1999

On Tue, Sep 14, 1999 at 01:05:41PM +1000, Robert M. Shepard wrote:
> get the pegasus mail package (latest version 3.xx)
> install the software to run off of a networked drive.

I installed Pegasus 3.12a for Win32 to Y:\PMAIL, where Y: is a Samba 2.0.5a
drive, and set the mail folder location to Y:\PMAIL\MAIL.

> when launching the software, there are *often* but not always long delays
> in loading the binary wp-32.exe (or something)  with messages about oplock
> breaks etc.

No, I can't reproduce this. Works like a charm every time, even flogging
it with four clients running multiple copies each. (Although sometimes the
login dialog doesn't come to the foreground, which got me worried over nothing
a couple of times :-))

Anything else specific to your setup that might help to diagnose this?

	Matt, Samba Team

--
Matthew "Austin" Chapman
SysAdmin, Developer, Samba Team Member