KINGSTON SOHO Hub

John LeMay jlemay at njmc.com
Thu Sep 9 02:48:33 GMT 1999

I would bet you had another problem or a bad hub. Point is, this is a
hub. What you descibe in your note would be a layer 3 switch (aka
bridge). I see absolutely nothing on their site that describes any layer
3 functionality (or even layer 2) that is built into this hub. A good
indicator would be price. I know of no devices that perform L3 tasks
that are priced below $1000 (roughly). What does the SOHO go for?

Is it possible something was set at, for example, 10/HDX when it should
have been 100/FDX? Could you possibly have been using the mdix
(crossover) port when you tested IP and switched the cable to a straight
through port when you tried 'beui?

--
John J. LeMay Jr.
NJMC, LLC.