KINGSTON SOHO Hub

Jon Griffin jong at e88.org
Thu Sep 9 01:56:07 GMT 1999

I just ran into a completely unexpected problem.

It appears that the Kingston SOHO Hubs don't do TCP. They do NETBEUI very
well. After 4 hours of troubleshooting I went home and got my cheap Bay
Networks 8 port hub and everything worked.

This is to hopefully prevent others from running into the same problem.
Nothing on Kingstons site mentions no TCP support but swapping only the hub
worked perfectly. If anyone has more insight or other hubs that don't work
please let me know.

Thanks,
Jon Griffin
jong at e88.org