weird printing problems.

jeremy at xxedgexx.com jeremy at xxedgexx.com
Tue Sep 7 15:37:57 GMT 1999

I'm experiencing some weird printing problems with samba connected
printers.  When I'll bring up a 95/98 workstation, sometimes it will say
that the printer is offline, when it clearly isn't, or it will see
everything fine, but it simply won't print.

These are remote lpd connected printer to the samba server, and lpd can
print fine.  These are JetDirect HP printers.

Any troubleshooting tips?  I thought perhaps the spool names would have
something to do with it.  The shares and the spools are weird names to
help aviod user confusion.

[Bull Pen Printer]

[Hall Way Printer]

Thanks