OMVS/390 Invalid network name in tree connect

John Campbell john_campbell at bristol-city.gov.uk
Fri Nov 26 16:18:17 GMT 1999

hello,

I've read the docs, the diagnosis, searched the archives - and noticed
others with similar questions but found no way out so here's the
question (again possibly)

Running smbclient (2.0.3) on Linux  to connect OMVS/390 (mainframe
unix) version 2.6 and a  1.9.18p1 server. I had to install this version as
I couldn't compile the later source with the c89 compiler.

Been having the following troubles -

Password:
Domain=[PORKPIE] OS=[Unix] Server=[Samba 1.9.18p1]
tree connect failed: ERRSRV - ERRinvnetname (Invalid network name in
tree connect.)

I have checked cases and so on and now im starting to bang my head.
Apologies in advance for any repetition here.

sincerely,

John Campbell
SysAdmin, Bristol City Council UK.