password server rejects the password

Thor-Egil Ekeli thoree at hrp.no
Thu Nov 25 06:50:32 GMT 1999

Hello,

I have posted questions about this several times, but never got an answer to
it, therefore I will try again.

I want to set up my Samba-servers to use a NT-server as password-server.
This usually works OK, but sometimes the client cannot reconnect to the
shares during logon, he just get an "invalid password"-message. The
Samba-log says something like "Password server <servername> rejected the
password". The solution is to wait a few minutes and then try again.

I have spoke with other persons who have the same problem, but no one seems
to have a solution.

I am running Samba 2.0.5a on HPUX 10.2. I have also seen the problem on
SUN-boxes.

-----
Thor-Egil Ekeli
Institutt for energiteknikk - Halden