Samba 2.0.6, MKS' touch.exe, and file/dir time stamps

H.-P. Ermert ermert at snafu.de
Wed Nov 24 17:32:05 GMT 1999

Hello all,

I tried to reproduce the behavior with the touch commad of GNU(Cygnus)
and the result is the same.
But I can only see wrong timestamps if I use Samba-2.0.6.
When I test with Samba-2.0.5a it shows correct times. (Suse-Linux 6.2,
Win NT 4.0 SP3)

When I copy files using using WindowsCommander and samba Version 2.0.6
the filetimes do not reflect the source file date but the current file
date. Could be the same reason as for touch.

Any Idea for a solution?

Peter

I can see this behaviour only with samba 2.0.6 .

--
Ing. Buero Ermert, Dipl. Inform Hanns-Peter Ermert, 10715 Berlin
email: Hanns-Peter.Ermert at alcatel.de / Alcatel SEL AG,ZIT/B/S2