samba-2.0.6 configure on solaris 2.6

David Collier-Brown davecb at Canada.Sun.COM
Wed Nov 17 18:55:53 GMT 1999

You wrote:
| I am trying to compile samba-2.0.6 in Solaris 2.6 on a SPARC
processor.
| ERROR: No locking available. Running Samba would be unsafe

	You have an error in the configure script: it
	fails by telling you the locking's broken.

	You'll need to run it with sh -x 2>&1 | more
	and see what's failed: in my case I had a verbose option
	turned on on the Sun comipiler, so configure thought
	I was writing error to stderr...

--dave (can we add this to the fairly-F. A. Qs?) c-b
Willowdale, Ontario   | http://java.science.yorku.ca/~davecb
Work: (905) 415-2849 Home: (416) 223-8968 Email: davecb at canada.sun.com