Problem with smbmount on RedHat 6.0

Urban Widmark urban at svenskatest.se
Wed Nov 17 18:22:24 GMT 1999

On Thu, 18 Nov 1999, Shanwei Cen wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> Recently I tried to mount a partition from NT 4.0 on a RedHat 6.0 box
> (Linux kernel version 2.2.5-15) by using smbmount. Everything is fine
> except that the date/time on the files and directories in the mounted
> partition is totally wrong.

The smbfs module in the RedHat 6.0 kernel has a win95 bug workaround
enabled. That workaround produces this result with NT.

In later kernels this is done automatically (2.2.10?). Either recompile
the kernel (the smbfs module) or upgrade it (there is probably a .rpm
somewhere on a RH6.0 update site).

> -rwxr-xr-x   1 shanweic csrl          614 Jan 10  1902 nic-install.txt*
> -rwxr-xr-x   1 shanweic csrl         1753 Aug 29  2029 smb-mount.txt*

Whee, time travel ... :)

/Urban