nt can't map network drive

Ralf Waldhofer rwald at wst.edvz.sbg.ac.at
Tue Nov 23 10:50:02 GMT 1999

hi all,

I have been troubled by this problem for a long time and really hope that
someone may help by giving suggestions.

I have setup Samba 2.0.5 on a "Digital" Tru64 as a file server. When I
want to map a network drive with win95 or 98 everything is alright. If I
use nt 4 (SP5) then the computer does not find the networkpath.

I have also setup Samba 2.0.4b on my machine. The configuration file is
the same as samba 2.0.5. When i use NT i am able to map the network
drive. Strange, isn't it? In my opinion there must be a switch that
changed from no to yes, but which one? Am I right?

Thank you for your attentions.

Regards,

Ralf Waldhofer
 Ralf Waldhofer                  | Paris-Lodron Universitaet Salzburg
 Email: Ralf.Waldhofer at sbg.ac.at | Zentraler Informatik-Dienst
 Phone: +43 (662) 8044-6712      | Hellbrunnerstrasse 34
 Fax: +43 (662) 629842           | A-5020 Salzburg, Austria
 http://www.sbg.ac.at/zid/people/rwald/rwald.htm
                                 Tempora mutantur, nos et mutamur in illis!