browse lists

Chris Hoefler hoeflerb at reed.edu
Thu Nov 18 20:55:37 GMT 1999

Does anybody know how to query a master browser for the shares on each
computer in its subnet? Normally I would send an smbclient -L command to
the server, but there is no central server. It is Windows network where
each computer becomes simultaneously a client and a server to allow file
sharing between computers. Each computer is also assigned an IP address
via DHCP, so I can't just set up a script to query each individual
computer. It must be possible to talk to a master browser because
windows machines do it, but I am running Linux. Can anyone help?

-Chris