Stupid 2.0.5a question.

david parsons orc at pell.portland.or.us
Thu Nov 18 02:27:05 GMT 1999

I've got a NT network set up talking to a Samba/Mastodon Linux host for
files and printing, and my users and I have noticed one somewhat annoying
thing about the samba server: we can't delete files from the print queue.

Has anyone else encountered this problem?  Here's the smb.conf off one of
the offending machines:

----[snip]----
# Samba config file created using SWAT
# from localhost (127.0.0.1)
# Date: 1999/11/17 16:57:34

# Global parameters
[global]
	workgroup = SCHRODINGER
	netbios name = PDX-PRINTER
	server string = Printers in the Portland office
	security = USER
	log level = 1
	syslog = 99
	syslog only = Yes
	local master = No

[printers]
	comment = Portland Printers
	path = /tmp
	read only = No
	create mask = 0644
	guest ok = No
	print ok = Yes
	print command = /usr/bin/lpr -r -P%p %s
	lpq command = /usr/bin/lpq -P%p
	lprm command = /usr/bin/lprm -P%p %j
----[snip]----

Passwords are unencrypted on the NT machines (via the registry hack),
the permissions of /var/lock are 0755 and /var/spool/lpd are 0775
(/var/lock is bin.bin, /var/spool/lpd is root.root), and the printcap
looks like:

lp|apple|Apple LaserWriter:\
	:lp=/dev/lp1:sd=/var/spool/lpd:sh:\
	:if=/usr/sbin/printers/postscript:mx#0:\
	:lf=/var/log/printer:

Is there something stupidly simple I'm missing here?

  -david "computers are evil" parsons