Problem with socket options after upgrading to Samba 2.0.6

David Collier-Brown davecb at canada.sun.com
Wed Nov 17 13:46:21 GMT 1999

Federico wrote:
|Again another slight thing I noticed since I upgraded to Samba 2.0.6
| My socket options in smb.conf is set to "TCP_NODELAY IPTOS_LOWDELAY
| SO_KEEPALIVE SO_SNDBUF=8192 SO_RCVBUF=8192". However I've started
getting
| the following everytime I SIGHUP to reload the configs and
stop-start:

| [1999/11/15 12:02:41, 0] lib/util_sock.c:set_socket_options(148)
|  Failed to set socket option SO_KEEPALIVE (Error Bad file
descriptor)

	That's odd, the message is from EBADF, "The socket argument is
	not a valid  file  descriptor".  This means the fd passed in is
	bogus!  That's a "can't happen" error and should be looked at
	with a debugger. See if you can attach to smbd and put a breakpoint
	on set_socket_options...

--dave
Willowdale, Ontario   | http://java.science.yorku.ca/~davecb
Work: (905) 415-2849 Home: (416) 223-8968 Email: davecb at canada.sun.com