Can't open MAC file

Jason L Steiner jsteiner at paychex.com
Mon Nov 15 16:24:16 GMT 1999

I have some SMBD daemon processes that are running as real
user ids instead of "root". This is a problem in my set up
where I am using domain security because these processes cannot
open the "DOMAIN.NETBIOS NAME.mac" file to get information from
it. The ".mac" file is set to permission 600.

What has happened to only some users that might have stopped
their SMBD daemons from changing to "root" and running? Can I
force the daemons to be forked as "root"? The permissions of
the rest of the installation look ok to me.

I am on Solaris 7 running Samba 2.0.5a. Any help would be
appreciated!

Jason