Dropping connection?

Arlen.P.Walker at jci.com Arlen.P.Walker at jci.com
Thu Nov 11 21:16:15 GMT 1999

I'm running Samba 2.0.3-8 and I'm seeing something strange when clients try
to connect to it.

The Win98 client will return "doesn't exist on network" when trying to open
the server from Network Neighborhood. Yet when I check the samba logs for
that machine, it will show the user logged in successfully.

security is "server" and the server is identified as one of the NT boxes on
the network, and I can log into that NT box from the Samba machine running
smbclient.

Any ideas what I'm running into and how I avoid it?

Have fun,
Arlen
DNRC 224

Arlen.P.Walker at JCI.Com