Domain master browser for multiple domains?

John J. LeMay Jr. jlemay at njmc.com
Wed Nov 10 14:38:34 GMT 1999

Any machine - including Windows 95/98 - can be a master browser for the
workgroup/domain (this can be considered synonomous for our purposes
here). The master browser does not need be a PDC, BDC, or even a server.

The master broswer is determined by an "election" which occurs at specific
intervals or when a domain controller is brought up on the domain. You
should be able to use "browstat" from the NT resource kit to determine
which machines are acting as master and backup browsers.

Hope this helps...