Domain master browser for multiple domains?

Bob Franklin r.c.franklin at reading.ac.uk
Wed Nov 10 12:53:59 GMT 1999

Hi,

As I understand it, for cross-subnet browsing to work, we need a domain
master for each workgroup/domain?  This presents a problem since many
of our workgroups/domains are just a collection of Windows 95 machines
and so do not have a domain controller to be a domain master browser.

Can we make Samba be a domain master browser for multiple domains/work-
groups (the list of domains/workgroups is known)?

NT has the ability to add extra workgroups/domains to the browse list,
I haven't checked if this will solve our problem (i.e. if it does what
I want).

I'd prefer Samba to do this, though, if possible...

Thanks,

  - Bob

--
 Bob Franklin <r.c.franklin at reading.ac.uk>     Tel. +44 (0)118 931 8432
 Systems and Communications, IT Services, The University of Reading, UK