Samba on Solaris 2.5.1?

Frank R. Brown list.Frank at MailAndNews.com
Tue Nov 2 10:16:40 GMT 1999

Thanks to everyone who wrote back with encouragement and
"Yes, it can be done." comments.

My problem appears to be resolved.

Basically, I got serious and downloaded a couple of versions of
samba binaries that were allegedly compiled for 2.5.1.  When I
asked the sa with root access to the 2.5.1 machine in question
to give me a hand with installing and testing each of these in
sequence, he got off his duff, and installed and configured some
other version of samba that he had laying around and thought
would work.

He still won't tell me what he installed or how he configured it,
but it does works, so I'm content.

I guess it's just another one of those deals where *knowing* it's
possible makes it happen.

Thanks again.

I wrote:

> Does anyone have Samba working on Solaris 2.5.1?
>
> I posted more or less the same question a few months
> ago,...

     Frank R.Brown
     Frank.R.Brown at MailAndNews