Versions and passwords

Greg skripto at io.com
Sun Mar 7 05:47:20 GMT 1999

The version number samba-2.0.2.tgz that I installed (swat is good, thanks)
claims in several places (nmbd and swat) to be version 2.0.1 - is this a
known typo?

I'm running some slackware boxen at a NTServer and having no problems
until I try passwords. I tried recompiling with -DSHADOWPWD to no effect.
I have done the regedit for plain passwords and tried the various
encryption and no encryption alternatives. Before 2.0.2 i could at least
get past step three on the diagnosis but now  I get

Password:
session setup failed: ERRDOS - ERRnoaccess (Access denied.)

Before I compile 2.0.3 and start work anew is there a patch or some more
docs somewhere for shadow passwords??

THanks

 General Dystopia                         skripto at io.com
                   liscglj at tlc.state.tx.us
                http://www.io.com/~skripto
   'Fewer Insect Parts By Weight than the Leading Brand'