No Domain server was available to validate your password

Joel jwknight at cyberlink.bc.ca
Sun Mar 7 01:05:50 GMT 1999

Hi Andre. When I got this message all I did was add the following to
c:\windows\lmhosts:

192.168.1.1 LINUX_SERVER #PRE #DOM:DOMAIN

(change the values to reflect your network settings)

This tells windows that LINUX_SERVER is at the IP 192.168.1.1 and that it
is a member of DOMAIN. I found that once I rebooted windows would log onto
the linux server.

Another solution is to enable WINS on the clients and the samba server.
That allows you to get rid of any lmhosts entries which can be hard to
maintain.

Hope that helps :)