security level flag...

Fabio Iovine f_iovine at hotmail.com
Fri Jul 23 17:05:21 GMT 1999

Hi all,
I'm referring to Giulio Orsero's and Steve Arnold's mails replying to my
previous mail concerning the same subject...

First of all, the environment I'm workin' on is AIX 4.2.5 + Samba 1.9.18p10
+ Win 95 Clients...

The scenario is the following:
a. a public filesystem accessible to all the clients with no restrictions
concerning read-write permission,
b. home directories accessible to the owners only from any PC on the net and
with samba asking for login and password;

As far as the public filesystem is concerned I set the following flags:
[Users]
comment = Temporary file space
   path = /Utenti
   read only = no
   public = yes
and it works fine;

as far as the home dirs are concerned I set the following flags:
[user name]
   comment = Home of <user name>
   path = /home/<user name>
   public = no
   writable = yes
   printable = no
and it didn't work.

I tried to set up a username map as explained in the ENCRYPTION.txt but no
way: every time I tried to access the dir I get a message saying something
like "Account xxx is not allowed to access the dir..."...

Any "detailed" suggestion?

Thanks in advance,
Fabio