Using NT Username and Password

Deepak Vaidya shad0wlight at pop.softhome.net
Wed Jul 14 21:03:03 GMT 1999

Hello,

I am pretty sure that the question I am asking is a FAQ,
but was not able to find any answer under FAQ, docs or the
samba archive list.

I need to give 300+ users access to a samba server, where
the users  do not have Unix accounts.  Is it possible to
provide access to the samba share using NT username/group,
without creating all 300+ users on the Unix system.  I have
got the system working with users who have both Unix and NT
accounts to use NT server authentication.

I also prefer not to have 2 separate user databases.

Thanks
- Deepak