SMBSH vs CIFS/SMB FS type

William Stuart wstuart at hae.com
Thu Jul 8 19:26:09 GMT 1999

I don't know the specifics of why it can't be done...  I suspect it's
because it requires kernel access to do it properly (it does in
Linux)...

What I know for sure is that guys a lot smarter than me have been saying
its beyond the scope of SAMBA and IIRC "portability" was the main
reason.

William

--
William Stuart (wstuart at hae.com)