[Q] Running 2 smbds bound to different interfaces on one machine? (2)

Sam Napolitano sam at Progressive-Systems.Com
Fri Feb 5 20:38:15 GMT 1999

Thanks to all those who helped me out.  Here are the two configuration
files:

# Config_A - home dirs
# Global parameters
        encrypt passwords = Yes
        socket address = 192.168.213.65
        invalid users = root

[homes]
        comment = Home directories
        read only = No

# Config_B - printer share
# Global parameters
        security = SHARE
        lock dir = /usr/local/samba/var/locks.printer
        socket address = 192.168.213.66
        log file = /usr/local/samba/var/log.smb.printer

[printers]
        path = /var/tmp
        print ok = Yes

Now I would like to be able to "browse" the printer share.  I'm not
real clear how to go about doing this.  I added 'netbios name' to
config_B and started nmbd with that configuration file and it worked
fine, but then you couldn't see the home dirs.  Are you supposed to be
able to run two nmbds at the same time?

Is there a way to setup Samba to report two different netbios names;
name_A for one interface and name_B for the second interface?

In my setup, there's only one physical interface; the second interface
is a virtual interface.

Thanks,
Sam