FoxPro Files in Samba

Carlos Alejandro Aguero caa at onenet.com.ar
Sun Dec 5 21:22:55 GMT 1999

I installed RedHat 6.0 as a Server and used Win95 as a WorkStation.-
I also installed Samba 2.0.3 in the Server and moved several FoxPro Files
from a
Win95 WorkStation to Samba shares.-
It all seams to work fine but...
My Application in FoxPro checks for files integrite in the beggining of it,
and opens and closes all neccesary files.-
This also seams to work fine, I can get to use my App. with no error
showing,
but...
This checking of 69 files that in my old peer-to-peer Lan in Win95 takes
about
5 seconds, in the Linux Box takes about 3 minutes!!!
I read and tried all documents in Samba about Diagnosis and Speed, I tried
all the changes suggested (socket option, read size, read raw, share mode,
oplocks, etc...)
None gave a great difference.-
I suposse that there is something with the way Linux/Samba is opening and
closing files, because I cannot find error messages in logs either.-
I use debug level in 3 and no Warning message showed up.-
Finally, I upgraded my Samba to Version 2.0.6, but no difference.-

Can somebody tell me, What am I missing???
Thanks in advance.

Carlos Alejandro Aguero