WinNT Performance

Leo Crombach lcrombach at tropel.com
Sat Dec 4 21:03:35 GMT 1999

Samba Users:

One of the Samba servers on our network is used as a MS Access database /
file server.  We are in the process of migrating PC users from Windows 9X
to Windows NT.  One of the problems that has surfaced is using the Access
database.  The Windows 95 boxes can run the database fine.  The Windows NT
boxes for some reason run the database much, much slower.  I believe it is
due to the differences in the TCP/IP stack between 95 and NT.  The question
is, what tuning can I do to the Samba server to boost performance for the
NT boxes.

The Samba server in question is a Sun SS20 with Solaris 2.6 and Samba 2.0.3.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.