DOS Attrib mapping

Franck Buland franck.buland at hyperoffice.fr
Tue Aug 31 15:03:09 GMT 1999

I've got a similar problem with archive status of files

I've added to the SMB.CONF:
map archive = true
create mask = 0766

But when I put the property Archive with Windows NT, no status Archive
is put for the file.
If I use chmod u+x on this file, and when I see it in the Windows
Explorer,
I see the status Archive. But when I want to see it with the Property
dialog on Windows, the case Archive is not checked, and the status
Archive is retired, without I changed anything!

However, it works find with Windows 95 and Windows 98.
Strange...

Franck BULAND - HyperOffice SA - FRANCE
Tél: 33 1.41.96.96.75
E-mail: franck.buland at hyperoffice.fr