2.0.5a configure bug fcntl test on automounted source dir

Branko Avramovski bramovsk at softhome.net
Thu Aug 26 16:19:40 GMT 1999

----- Original Message -----
From: Tom Schutter <tom at platte.com>
To: Multiple recipients of list SAMBA <samba at samba.org>
Sent: Monday, August 23, 1999 6:40 PM
Subject: 2.0.5a configure bug fcntl test on automounted source dir

> Hello,
>
> I believe that I have found a bug in the 2.0.5a configure process.  If
> the source tarball is extracted to an automounted directory, and you
> run configure, it will fail the fcntl_lock test, resulting in this
> message at the end of the configure process:
>   WARNING: No locking available. Running Samba would be unsafe

Well this is briliant solution to my problem. I was wandering what I'm doing
wrong and
desperatly spend I week (without success) in finding what is wrong with my
Suse box.
Definatly there is a "bug" (I'm not shure is this a samba ./configure script
bug) when I moved files from nfs mounted drive to a local drive I finaly
succeed
to compile samba-2.0.5a...

Thanks ...

Branko