License manager

Carey F. Cox carey at tabasco.lamar.edu
Fri Apr 30 19:51:22 GMT 1999

Thanks to all that responded to my query on using FlexLM. Unfortunately,
the software we want to serve licenses to Win95 clients does not have
a version for Linux, i.e. there is no vendor daemon for flexlm to run.

We still want to set up the Linux/Samba server as the repository for
the Win95 executables, so my only option would be to install the ProE
clients on the Win95 wkstns (on the network drives) and use another
Win95 box as the license server. Any suggestions?

Carey

<>   Carey F. Cox, PhD             |  PHONE: (409) 880-8770           <>
<>   Assistant Professor           |  FAX:   (409) 880-8121           <>
<>   Dept. of Mech. Eng.           |  EMAIL: carey at tabasco.lamar.edu  <>
<>   Lamar University              |  WEB:   N/A                      <>